One of the major factors that have the most profound negative impacts on the health of elderly people is that of dehydration. It is understandable that these individuals will never feel thirsty as keenly as the younger individuals. However, for sure, dehydration for a long span of time can trigger various serious health conditions. For instance, it can trigger obesity, as well as infections in the urinary tracts and even constipation that can shatter your comfort and well being. Here are some symptoms that might indicate that you are suffering from dehydration.
Symptoms observed in mild dehydration
The symptoms of dehydration vary between the extent of the trouble. The signs observed in mild dehydration cases are completely different than the symptoms observed, after the problem intensifies. Here are the most commonly observed signs of dehydration to a mild extent:
- Dryness inside the mouth and tongue, which is accompanied by thick saliva in the majority instances.
- No urination for a few days, or passing lower than usual amount. Dark or deep yellow urination is another symptom that is very commonly observed.
- Acute headaches.
- Weakness and a usual feeling that you are unwell.
- Feeling exhausted with minimum or not physical activities.
- No tears or minimum tears observed, if crying.
- Interrupted sleep or unable to sleep
- Feeling irritations without reasons.
Sings for serious dehydration
If mild dehydration symptoms are not properly attended, the issues and troubles will intensify to turn the situation grave. Following are the signs observed if dehydration gets to a serious and intense extent:
- Excessively low blood pressure.
- Severe cramping. In more intense condition, you are likely to suffer from contractions of limb, stomach, and, back muscles.
- Bloated stomach and acute constipation.
- Weak yet rapid pulse rates.
- Dry and damaged skin. With acute and prolonged dehydration, skin takes a dull appearance.
- The breathing rate gets to an abnormally high extent.
Acute and prolonged dehydration can shatter your health and well being. So, you need to ensure that you are keeping yourself well hydrated. Drink water profusely and should compulsorily include fruit juices in your daily diet. You need to quit smoking as well as minimize the extent of alcohol consumption. You should always try to lead an active lifestyle that will surely rise the keenness to drink water. These simple measures will keep you protected from the threat of dehydration.